It’s been 10 months since I blogged and to say we’ve had a lot going on is an understatement!
Most importantly, Ayla Marie was born!!! Ten days “late” but on her own and quickly we welcomed this sweet little girl! She made us a family of four and as everyone says, you love your second child just as much as the first! She is a sweet smiley little cherub and we can’t imagine our life without her.
Becoming a family of four was quite a transition. Josie took it the hardest, which I guess is expected, but I wasn’t quite prepared for her reaction. She was so sad and not her happy little self. I was intern sad for her, that her little life as she new it was no longer. In the long run, I knew she’d never remember this transition, which I’m thankful for, and she’d have a sister to experience life with.
There are plenty of days, pictures and wild happenings I could blog about in the last 10 months, but those just aren’t going to make an appearance here. September was a life changing month for us and for ease; you’ll be getting the Cliff’s Notes.
Sonneman Cliff’s Notes: August 2012-May 2013
- September – Kyle received a phone call from Samsung, recruiting him to a job in San Jose California.
- October – We, as a family, accepted the position. Our house went on the market.
- November – Our house sold. Kyle moved to San Jose and started his job. My mother-in-law graciously came to help me with the first 12 days by myself. The girls and I learned how to function without Kyle. He came home for Thanksgiving; it was his first trip home and it was absolutely wonderful to see him.
- December – Josie, Ayla, my mom and I (of course Kyle was there) went to San Jose for a house hunting trip. Miraculously we found a house, in a housing market that is on fire. Success! The moving company came, packed and all of our belongings went into storage in San Jose. The girls and I moved into my mom’s house with three suitcases for a 2 month stay. Kyle came home for Christmas, again wonderful.
- January – Kyle came home for two weekends. We made our traditional trek to the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo and celebrated his birthday. The girls and I had a lot of play dates as our moved date loomed.
- February – We had official move in dates. Ayla and I flew to San Jose for our closing. The girls and I got on a one-way flight to California on Sunday February 24th. My mom, sister and niece came out to help us unpack three days after we arrived.
- March – My in-laws came for two weeks and continued helping us get settled. We went to San Diego to spend Easter with my Aunt and family. It was a pretty easy drive down and the girls and I flew back a few days later. We staying to play at the Wild Animal Park and Sea World with my cousin and her daughter that is two days younger than Ayla.
- April – Music started, the same music program we were involved with in Denver, and Josie started swim lessons and ballet class. We decided on a preschool for Josie this fall and I’m so happy it’s walking distance from our house! Kel, Juliet and my grandma came to visit. I so needed a familiar face, it was wonderful!
- May – Lisa came to visit and we did some much needed clothes shopping. Mother’s Day was wonderful as we went exploring in Big Sur and Carmel. My mom was next on the visitors list. We did lot of new things and showed her a few things we like to do…the beach! Of course anyone’s visit goes by quickly and feels too short. The rest of the month deserves its own post..
So for now my friends, you’re update on our life. It’s been 10 months of highest of highs and lowest of lows, but we’re hanging in there. We’ve been in California now for three months and while we are settled in our house, we’re still getting to know people and the area. I couldn’t live without my GPS, that’s for sure.
Here’s to being back to blogging!