Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm thankfully empolyed

Yesterday was a hard day at my office. We had the 4th round of inevitable layoffs. I figured they would be this week, but you're never really ready for it. Two were a bit of a shock and the other two I have to say, I'm surprised they lasted this long. No matter how you look at it, it’s unfortunate.

Along with 4 more people gone, we are taking a 20% pay cut and still working full time. A hard concept but I'm not about to question it, I'm thankful to have a job.

These are hard times for many people and our country. Our generation hasn't ever seen this kind of depression. It is something to learn from and be thankful for what we have. I pray this economic situation turns soon and financing is available. Without financing I soon may be without a job. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts, I needed them!

No comments: