Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kel's Bachlorette weekend

Two weekends ago was packed full of fun wedding events that took days to recover from exhaustion and I’m finally blogging about it.

Friday night was the Bride, maids and MOB. We started at Encore for happy hour. It’s a relatively new place in Denver that is still a bit unknown and a great spot! We had apps and drinks and laughed on the patio. I wanted to take Kel somewhere she hadn’t been for dessert which is how I decided on dBar. Kyle had taken me there for my birthday and I thought right away, this would be so fun for a girls’ night. Just as I remembered, fabulous desserts! Jenn was the only one who couldn’t make it, but we, Kelly rather, had a drink for her.

I had been preparing food, décor, favors, etc all week, so when Saturday morning finally rolled around, I was ready! Kate and Melissa came a little early to help with a few “morning of” to-dos. The shower was beautiful, we had 12 people and everyone had a great time. The theme was Kitchen, and it was a lot of fun to see all the creative gifts.

Saturday early evening, the bachlorette party started! We did a wine tasting that was so much fun. Carly designed these adorable cards so everyone could write down the wines, and rate them and on the back was how to taste. We tasted 6 wines in total and in between the wines we asked Kelly to answer some questions we had asked Dan. After the wine tasting Kel opened girly gifts polished off the wine and headed to dinner.

I made reservation at Osteria Marco which is an Italian restaurant downtown. The food was great, company was hilarious and overall everyone had a great time. Some handled their intake well and other, not so well.

Good friends, good food and good wine….and Kel had a fabulous time!

1 comment:

R3 said...

What? No midget tossing? Boo.