Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January Adventures

I have so much to get caught up on…so here is a brief run down on the last few weeks. The off-season started with a little weekend get away to Estes Park. My grandma has a cabin up there we had a nice three day weekend.

For Kyle this was some much needed R&R and that is exactly what we did…nothing. We made dinners in, sat around watching tv and did a little shopping in town. It was chilly and windy as Estes Park usually is. There wasn’t much to take pictures of except some of the locals…

The following weekend I house/pet sat in Genesee which is about 30 minutes west of Denver, so Kyle joined me for the weekend. It is beautiful and we’d love to live in that area. We took a day trip to Summit County, did a little shopping/looking, and promptly came home as it was near blizzard conditions and much warmer down the mountain!

Last weekend was a big one! It was Winter X Games in Aspen. This was Kyle’s second year working for ESPN and its always a wild weekend. Wild is a relative term, depending on who you’re talking to…for Kyle it was wild in terms of press releases and the sheer amount of hours in five days of work…for me there are SOOOOOO many people in town it’s nuts. In the winter, Aspen is at the end of a cul-de-sac. There is one way in and the same road out. (During the summer months you can take Independence pass, but it is thankfully closed during the winter due to the amount of snow) This year they had record breaking numbers in attendance for the X Games and boy was it obvious! There were people everywhere, at all hours of the day and night. Aspen is a small town roughly 3,000 in the summer/off season and about 9,000 in the winter. So when an event like the X Games comes to town and the population goes to about 34,000…it’s crazy!

Kyle and I headed up on Tuesday night, and he began working first thing Wednesday morning. I’d drop him off about 8:00am and pick him up around 10:00pm. They were long days, but very different from life in the NFL. Our friend Kari came up on Friday and we had a great time. Friday night we bundled up and went to the Games. We watched various events, and thanks to our media passes, then hunkered down in the media tent where there was heat and warm drinks. Turns out, this is also where the press conferences were held with the Bronze, Silver and Gold medalists coming in after their event…it was the jack pot. We saw all the winners up close and personal. It was a lot of fun. We got home late 11:00 and had dinner about 11:30…oops!

Saturday Kari and I shopped, lunched, shopped, napped, worked, went to dinner and then for ice cream. Yes, we eat ice cream even when it’s literally below freezing out!

Sunday arrived and the final day of X Games came with a lot of releases for Kyle. Kari left in the morning and I hung around the condo, deciding it was too much work to go up to the games. I picked him up around 8:45 and around 10:00 we met up with some friends and then to an after party. It was a lot of fun…until next year!


Missy... said...

You live such a fun life!!!

Megan said...'s relative! Love this pics from your post this morning. I LOVE Cami's jeans!