Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New York City


The week after we returned from San Diego, Frank, Randy and Lisa came to visit for two weeks!  It was awesome for a few reasons, 1.  We don’t get to see them as often as we’d like, 2. Our basement is almost finished and 3. Kyle and I went to New York City just the two of us!

We had a fun week of shopping and hanging out before Kyle and I left for NYC.  It was the first time we had both left Josie and I’m not talking a quick weekend.  We were gone for 4 FULL days.  I hated leaving her when I went to San Francisco, and it felt even worse to leave her again knowing how long it was going to be.  I just don’t like to leave my little bug.  It doesn’t matter who’s watching her, I don’t want to leave her. 

Needless to say, Kyle and I arrived in NYC and we had a fabulous time.  We were typical tourists, walking miles all over the city seeing the sights.  We made a list of all the things we wanted to do or see and I planned our days accordingly.  I really wanted to eat at a couple of celebrity chef’s restaurants, the Today Show, H&M, Dean & Deluca, and FAO Schwart.  Kyle wanted to go to Times Square, Wall Street, take the subway and eat NY pizza.  We did all off the above and more.  If my calculations are correct, we walked about 8 miles a day, stayed up later than we have seen in a couple of years and have our next trip to the city planned.

Our trip in pictures...

Top of the Rock {Rockefeller Center}
Statue of Liberty in the back ground
 
 Chelsea Market, my favorite area!!!

 Chelsea Market is where the food network is, such an awesome building!
The High Line
Self explanatory...
A great dinner
I want to stay here next time
FAO Schwarz, the Big piano
Central Park
I loved it, Kyle laughed at me
Soon, very, very soon...we'll have one in Denver

Grand Central Station


No comments: