Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lent Update

Overall we are doing well!!! Last year I attempted giving up swearing and it flat out didn’t work, it was a terrible attempt. So this years’ attempt I was serious, I am going to do this. The first 24 hours were difficult but it is much better now. I am at 11 “bad” words, I’m proud. Facebook was REALLY hard the first week, and now it’s not a big deal. We all lived without it before, and I’m doin’ just fine now! Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait for April 11th at midnight!

Kyle, he is doing really well!!! He has had many challenges in the deep fried and alcohol departments, only because of situations he has been in, but he hasn’t “made baby Jesus cry”. I on the other hand screw it up for him! The challenge here is that I do most of the cooking and with Kyle giving up red meat, I’m forced to ventured out of my red meat, seafood and chicken box. I made Kaiser Roll calzones the Wednesday that Lent started which called for salami. I read the label at the store, as I always do, all the ingredients looked good, and it made it into my basket. After a satisfying meal, Kyle gets up walks to the fridge and ingredient #2…BEEF! Oops, that one is my fault, I’ll take a lashing now!

No comments: