Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Chopped...Round 8

Just when I was feeling better about the economy, encouraged by the small upward climb of the housing market, gas prices are decent…we had more layoffs today. Friday was the beginning of closed door meetings, which continued into Monday. The background: We bid on a big local job and were supposed to find out yesterday if we got it. We were all on the edge of our seat all day and no word. We obviously heard today, and it was bad news, we didn’t get the job which meant more layoffs.

This round, again, hit the interiors dept. and I pray it doesn’t hit us again, because I’ll be the next to go. We are down to one layer of skin before the bones on this skeleton see the light of day. This month marks one year since the layoff started for us and we’re at less than half the staff.

Once again, I have somehow held on, and I am so very thankful!

No comments: