Friday, March 12, 2010

Rich & Penny's Wedding

It’s been a crazy 6 weeks and all things that have happened deserve their own entry, so here goes….

The first weekend in February, we had the pleasure of going to Louisville for Rich and Penny’s wedding. It was wonderful beyond words. The bride and groom looked beautiful! It was wonderful to see all of Kyle’s friends as we hadn’t seen most of them since our wedding. We spent time eating, drinking (water for me), hanging out until ungodly hours of the night/morning shooting the breeze. We were all staying in the same hotel, which is always fun. There were a bunch of people up from Nashville for the wedding, so nearly the entire gang was there.

You all know how I love the food, cooking, baking, etc….so of course there are a couple of restaurants in Louisville that has been on The Food Network many times that I had to try. Kyle hadn’t been there in years and we went for brunch on morning. Lyn’s Paradise Café, it rocks! If you are traveling through, it’s a must!!! I love southern food, and thank goodness I don’t live there because I’d be huge. I had one of the dishes they are famous for, French Toast. It did not disappoint!

They have this cute little store in the front of the restaurant where I picked up a cook book, Southern Biscuits...I have a new found love for them in the last year, and working in high altitude with all these nearly sea level recipes, makes things interesting.

Our hotel was next to a strip mall that happened to have the second restaurant that I wanted to try. It’s not exactly a restaurant, but ice cream shop, Graeters. Kyle, Andy…everyone has talked since I’ve know them about this place so I had to try. Preston accompanied me, my ice cream loving friend. It was awesome! Again, another stop to stop for an afternoon snack, or dinner for that matter! The Chocolate Peanut Butter is fabulous!

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Rich Smith!!!

Here are a few pictures that captured the weekend, not great pics, but something to look at!

Melissa and I at the rehearsal dinner

The beautiful ceremony

Bride and Groom's first dance

No comments: