Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another look at my world of pregnancy, week 33!


Being that this was the second appointment that I gained 3lbs, I guess it’s just what’s a happenin’!  I’m pregnant and you are supposed to gain weight.  I’m getting used to it…7.5 months in, about time. 

All looks good, she is moving like crazy, it was a very long day yesterday, I’m pretty sure she didn’t sleep at all.  Needless to say, today she is much “quieter”, the girl needs her beauty sleep. 

We have another appointment in two weeks which is when the fun begins.  They will check my cervix from here on out to see if I’m dilated. The following appointments are every week and scheduled.  Nothing like having 5 doctor’s appointment on the calendar.  We’re having a baby! 

I pray she comes before the due date, I really want to go naturally, rather than being induced.  If all goes as it has, following exactly how my mom was, I’ll go naturally.  Just don’t want to get my hopes up. 

We being our childbirth prep classes tonight.  I’m very excited to see what they have to tell us.  Its three hours of non-stop info every Wednesday evening of this month. Tonight we get a tour of the hospital and the birthing suites and who know what else. 

Weekly update

How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain: 27 lbs
Maternity clothes: yes, leggings are my favorite, no tight elastic bands around my waist.
Sleep: bad nights…and some good nights.  I’m so thankful for the good nights!
Best moment this week: having two people tell me I look small and they think I’m going to have a little baby.  Telling a pregnant woman she look small does wonders, because honey I don’t feel small!
Movement: the book says “try to determine what is moving: hands, feet, knees, butt”.  Right, she is moving, that’s all that matters.  I know when her feet move because they are still in my ribs. 
Gender: Female
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are happening more frequently
Belly Button in or out: in
What I miss: going to a deli and getting a sandwich, a beer or glass of wine is beginning to sound really good, especially since baseball season has started!
What I am looking forward to: another baby shower on Saturday and getting the nursery ready…

1 comment:

Missy... said...

You're getting soooo close! YAY! Can't wait to "meet" her!