Sunday, August 29, 2010

I love...

I've hardly said a word about being a mom, because what you all really want are pictures.  Now that I am nearly caught up, a few words...

It is truly the most amazing experience.  Getting married is a big step in life and wonderful itself, but becoming a parent to this tiny little being is indescribable.  She is our whole world and it's amazing to watch the changes she makes on a daily basis.  I’ve always wanted to be a mom, and it’s so much better than I ever imagined!  It makes me appreciate my mom in different ways than before and I only hope to be as wonderful of a mom as she is.

I love…
…that she licks her lips and stretches like that was the    best meal of her life, every time she eats
…when she smiles
…that a pacifier soothes her
…mornings, she is so excited to get up for the day
…the fake cough to get my attention
…that I can expect a blowout almost every day
…how close she is to a giggle
…that she prefers to fall asleep in my arms and then move to her crib
…breastfeeding, it’s such an intimate experience
…how she sleeps, hands on her head and arms out, like she’s in a lounge chair
…to watch her learn
…that she still curls up, frog legs and all, when she is really tired
…being a mom
…that I now understand the feeling when people say, “you never knew you could love someone so much”
…her smell
…that she got my eyelashes, every girl wants long eyelashes
…how perfect she is
…that she makes my love for Kyle stronger
…most of all,  that she is here with us and we get to love on her forever

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I'm in tears.