Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sauted Asian Sesame Broccoli

I make broccoli one way, steamed with a little salt.  I love broccoli and my sister/friend Kelly over at Apron Strings & Foodie Things started the Broccoli Challenge, I knew I was in!

I browsed through a few cookbooks and recipes and really didn't find anything that sounded good.  In peak green bean season, I often saute them with our favorite salad dressing Asian Sesame.  I thought broccoli would be great as a replacement for green beans.  I also like to make things with ingredients that I always have on hand, and this house is never without our favorite dressing.

Sauted Asian Sesame Broccoli

2 stalks broccoli
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. Asian Sesame salad dressing {or your favorite}


Saute broccoli and dressing on medium for 4-5 minutes, until the dressing thickens, stir a few times.  Add water and let cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until your preferred doneness.  That's it...really easy.

What's your favorite salad dressing that you also cook with?


Broccoli Challenge

No comments: