Thursday, February 19, 2009

A great day at work

After six months of walking on egg shells, round after round of layoffs, endless closed door meetings and simply, the unknown, I am happy to say I have a job and will continue to have a job!!! Yesterday was the best day I have had at work in a long time and it was very refreshing.


Here’s what happened……I have been working on a medical wellness hospital that we were all anxious that it was going to come in wildly over budget. We got final pricing back yesterday and it came in about half a million dollars UNDER budget!!! Not only that but after changing some flooring patterns, it will bring the cost down about another $400,000. That will bring the project to about $1 million under budget. IT IS AWESOME!!!!! I have never worked on a project that came in under budget and this is a big deal for us as a project team. What this really means is that the project is going forward without any delay having to find more money. The construction schedule is 26 months, so I will be happily employed, at a minimum, through this project.

I go through phases where I’m not sure design is where I am supposed to be, but when something big like this happens, I know I am supposed to be here. It is for the love of design, not the pay or stress. I do love my job and am so thankful to have one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet.