Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My 30th Birthday

“My birthday weekend” as Kyle put it, was awesome! It started Saturday early evening when Kyle told me I needed to open the gift from his parents and Lisa. Kyle brings in this huge box from his car (wrapped in a ski jacket) and said open it. I unzipped the jacket and found a sewing machine. I was so excited. I took sewing lessons for years as a kid and haven’t sewn in forever. I mentioned recently I wanted one, and sure enough Randy and Frank have a little bird on their shoulders. Lisa gave me a gift car to a local fabric store. I feel like a real homemaker now!

Saturday evening we (Mom, Kyle, Kelly Dan and I) went to Lala’s for dinner. It is this cute new gourmet pizza place that was delicious! Afterward, we meet some friends at Forest Room 5. Thanks Jaime and Andrew and Chris and Court for meeting us out, it was so much fun. Sunday I was told to be at mom’s house at noon. I arrived to a wonderful lunch prepared by Mom and Kel, opened a few more gifts and then we headed to the spa for manis and pedis. Ah, what more could a girl ask for….a spa day! Kel and I did a little shopping after our relaxation. Monday night (my actual birthday) Kyle and I tried a new restaurant called Mark and Isabella’s. It was delicious and I would definitely go back! Then we went to d-bar. This is owned and run by a local celebrity often seen on the Food Network as the host of Food Network Challenge. Trying not to name drop....IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! I couldn’t decide what to get, I wanted one of everything and ended up with Cake and Shake, yum. Kyle got the ice cream sandwich which was also delicious. Everything is made right in front of you, or 10 feet away. It was so fun, and I am definitely going back for more!

The best thing about last night is that I got a cruiser!!!! I am so excited. I have wanted one for about a year. I can’t wait for the weather to get warmer, so I can ride my new bike to work. Thanks to Kari for helping Kyle get it, and also for my basket and bell. I can’t wait for spring.

Thank you everyone for a great birthday, the best one yet!

1 comment:

MamaG said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday and I love your new bicycle! I know what you mean about the 30th birthday too...we change and go through so much in our 20's it is hard to say goodbye to them. I hit the big 30 in June and am not looking forward to it. :)