Monday, January 24, 2011

Acorn Squash

As most of you know, I love to cook, bake, grocery shop...anything having to do with the kitchen.  So it's not a surprise that I was very excited to make my own baby food.  First on the list was apples, bananas and pears.  Bananas I just mash up with a fork.  Apples and pears on the other hand, need a little more TLC before they are ready to eat.  I know it's easy to run to the store to pick up already prepared baby food, but not that I have the hang of what it takes...not a chance do I want to buy it.  I spent $1 on an acorn squash and got about 30 servings....do the math on that!  

Veggies start out in the following order, acorn squash, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.  They're all in the freezer, ready to go.

our first taste of acorn squash
Baked
peeled
pureed
freezer bound and ready to eat!


No comments: