Wednesday, April 11, 2012

St. Patty's Day


I’m not really a St. Patrick’s Day girl, but Kyle was out of town and we needed something to do.  So I decided that Josie and I would head downtown to the parade.  I mentioned it to my mom and she decided to join us.  Little did I know, it’s the second largest in the US and they were expecting 250,000 people within about 20 blocks.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  Thankfully my mom was with us because I would have turned around and gone home.  There were people everywhere, it was crazy. 

We made it to the parade route and stayed for about 45 minutes.  I didn’t come prepared with sunscreen, hat, etc.  March was so warm here, and I wasn’t on top of my summer necessities yet.  It was plenty of time to see a few floats, hear the bagpipes, see some “neighs” (horses) and witness the drunks making their arrival.  That’s when we departed.  Josie seemed to have a good time, rotating between my shoulders and Grammy’s arms and the fabulous people watching.    

She didn't really care for this scary creature...

 

1 comment:

Kara said...

That looks crazy! I have never been down to the parade before...now I know why....ha!